On the road show
Tragedy in Kentucky: Sinkhole Swallows 8 Corvettes
Let’s all raise a glass and toast to the fallen Corvettes that were lost when a sinkhole formed on Wednesday under the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. This article from USA Today has all the details, but what we can tell you is that the 8 cars that were involved in the incident, which occurred inside the museum’s iconic spire called the Sky Dome, are these:
- 1962 Black Corvette
- 1984 PPG pace car for the Indy 500
- 1992 White 1 millionth-built Corvette
- 1993 Ruby red 40th anniversary Corvette
- 1993 ZR1 Spyder on loan from General Motors, a design study that was never built.
- 2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette, a one-off tuner model.
- 2009 White 1.5 millionth-built Corvette.
- 2009 ZR1 “Blue Devil” on loan from General Motors, the show car for the re-introduction of the ZR1, last built in the early 1990s.
For more information, photos, and video see the USA Today article here: USA Today